Thursday, April 27, 2017

schön, dass es dich gibt * clean & simple 4/4

Hi there, Nicole here.

I'm back with my last clean and simple card for my April series.




I got asked many a time how I make my clean and simple cards. To be honest, I do not have a recipe. It's just the way I love making cards, it's kind of "natural" for me. But I found some guidelines/instructions for you that might help :-)



If you want to make "clean and simple" cards, try to stick to (some of) these points.
  • one focal point
  • a lot of open space
  • only one (or two) layers
  • no or minimal embellishements
  • minimal color palette
  • simple, uncluttered and easy to recreate
If you want to improve your clean and simple cardmaking, try playing along CAS challenges. You'll find many inspiring ideas and get to practice at the same time.




  1. stamp the feathers with a grey dye ink
  2. stamp the inside of the feathers with a light blue dye ink
  3. stamp the greeting with a crisp black pigment ink
  4. add some interest with white enamel stickers or Nuvo Crystal Drops


Funky Feathers / schön, dass es dich gibt


Remember, Create A Smile is moving and the store is closed right now. They will reopen on May 7th.

Thanks for stopping by! See you soon :-)
Nicole


No comments:

Post a Comment