Friday, March 4, 2016

Happy Birthday Cool Chick!

Hi there!
Samantha here with you today, and I'm super excited to be sharing this FUN birthday card with you! :)



Do you guys have any of those stamp sets that just call to you? I do - and it's the Eggstraordinary Egghunt stamp set!! Those little critters are just SO cute!! I could create with them FOREVER! lol!! So I knew I wanted to play with one of those egg shaped critters and why not make it a chicken for fun's sake!? Ha! :)


This card is pretty straight forward, and easily interchangable for many many other card types! :)

- stamp and color your images! I chose to color mine with copics, so I stamped my images with Memento Ink and the fussy cut them when I finished!
- add watercolor to your background! I squished my Distress Ink Pad (Mustard Seed) onto my kraft mat and then spritzed it with water! Then I placed my card base on top of the inky mess and lifted it up! Then, I set it aside to dry!


- once your background is dry, add embossing paste through a stencil, and set aside to dry
- stamp your sentiment onto vellum. I used Staz-On ink, it never fails me on slick surfaces! :)
- attach sentiment to the card front by folding it over the top of the card and adhereing it down.
- attach colored images with foam tape and BOOM! You're done! :)


I used the Monster Party, Eggstraordinary Egghunt and Mini-Birthday stamp sets! The stencil is the Skinny Chevron!


As usual, because these stamps ROCK - you can totally make a set of these cards EASILY! Just change out the egg-shaped critter and the color of the watercolor background! A light brown bunny with yellow balloons and a pink background?! That sounds adorable!! Ha!

Do you have any of the Create a Smile washi tape? If you're like me, then you're in LOVE with washi tape! The colors available in the shop are PERFECTION and I really LOVE the subtle designs! Be sure to check them out and see for yourself! :)

Thanks again for stopping by!
I hope the card made you crack a little smile! :)



        

6 comments:

  1. soo sooo cuuteeee....love the cute EGG and lovely coloring too
    sweet card Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable card! That stamp set is so cute! I can't think of anyone who wouldn't love to get this card. Nice card, Samantha!

    ReplyDelete