Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Lovely Critters Die Cut Background Tutorial


Hi Crafters,
Justine designing on the blog today, and I'm excited to share my January project with you!

I wanted to use the Tiny Sentiments die cut set in a different way then just for the lead sentiment on the page. Often I have seen stamping as a background with different words and phrases so I thought I would try it with die cuts. It is a little time consuming but the layers and textures look great!

Here is a video tutorial showing you how to make this card.




I shared plenty of tips and tricks in the video. Be sure to watch for tips on Copic Colouring, Die Cutting intricate words and blending distress inks.
  • Try Stick It when applying intricate dies to avoid messy adhesives 
  • Apply very little pressure on the blending tool to avoid harsh lines






Here are the Create a Smile products I used to create this card. To see the full supply list, check out my blog!







Don't forget to follow Create a Smile Facebook and Instagram @createasmilestamps to keep yourself updated on all the latest projects and releases!







3 comments:

  1. Great video...thanks for all the great tips for this fabulous card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! Are the results from the last draw been published? Thank you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Justine, a sweet card. Subscribed to your YT channel to see more. TFS!

    ReplyDelete