Thursday, July 23, 2015

Guest Designer Sonja Kerkhoffs Part 2

Hello lovelies!

It's time for some more gorgeous inspiration by Sonja Kerkhoffs from The Art of Stamping. We just loved last weeks ard and today she even has a video for you - woohoo!




Hello everyone! It’s me again, Sonja with my second guest post here on the Create A Smile Stamps blog. Today I’m showing you a bright watercolor card and I’ve even got a video to show you how it came together.


I love coloring with any medium I can get my hands on and when I saw those beautiful loose scribbled flowers from the Magic Flowers set I just knew I had to use them for a watercolor card.










If you want to obtain a watercolored look with some more depth and detail in the shadow areas color your images in layers. Start with a very light and watery color wash and slowly build up your shadows. Only add more color after your previous layer has completely dried to prevent the colors from different layers to get mixed up.


 

Stamps: Magic Flowers, Hey, Quatschkopf
Inks: Versamark, Versafine Onyx Black
Coloring: Kuretake Gansai Tambi
Dies: Mama Elephant Basic Set
Paper: Canson XL Aquarell, vellum, black cardstock
Other: white and clear embossing powder, sequins


Thanks for stopping by and see you again next week! 
Sonja

1 comment: